- 2014 Master NZIPP
- 2014, NZIPP Iris awards, 4 golds, 1 silver with distinction, 2 silvers and 1 bronze award
- 2014, NZIPP Iris Awards 2014 Photographer of the Year, finalist.
- 2014 , NZIPP Landscape Finalist
- 2014, Laurie Thomas Salon, highly Commended
- 2014, North Shore Salon ,Monochrome Projected image Gold award, also 2 silver medals, Honours Monochrome Print, and one highly commended print award
- 2013, NZIPP Associateship
- 2013, NZIPP 1 Gold, 4 silver, 3 bronze awards
- 2013 Laurie Thomas Bronze award
- 2012 APSNZ To view this portfolio see the “Kudos” page.
- 2011 Winner D-Photo Competition (Travel Catagory)
- 2006 1st prizes Christchurch Medical Arts Society Award
- 2nd prize NYSA Arts award 2008
- 2006 Bronze medal Australian Print Awards (Calendar of Forty Five Degrees South)
- 2007 Silver medal Australian Print Awards (State Highway 6)
2018 Gold and bronze Medal Prints North Shore Salon
2018 Gold Medal Natex
2017 Mardi Cup and Gold Medal Nate
2015 Fellowhip PSNZ
li>2014. PSNZ Natex exhibition, George Chance Champion Print Award “From Rialto Bridge”
My inspiration for this came from my wife. I drew on my experience of landscape photography and understanding of light and form to create these series of low-key images with strokes of highlight whose lines flowed from one to the other. I started off by concentrating on the various shapes of the human form in anatomical poses. The emphasis being on form, symmetry or balance and graphic shape rather than personality. The two interpretations were then fused together to create the portfolio.
The images can be seen in the Kudos part of my gallery